UPDATE: Today in Torture…

what-is-waterboarding.jpg

Rightwing blowhard, “Mancow” Muller of WLS Chicago (and formerly was here in SF) was waterboarded, on-air live (take that, Hannity you pussy. Some AM nobody did it…), lasted about 7 seconds and threw the toy cow that was his signal to stop. He likened it to nearly drowning as a kid.

It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that’s no joke. It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back…It was instantaneous…and I don’t want to say this: absolutely torture.
I wanted to prove it wasn’t torture. They cut off our heads, we put water on their face…I got voted to do this but I really thought ‘I’m going to laugh this off.’

UPDATE: Here’s the video:

Of course, his torturers did not ask him to confess to anything, but he probably would have.

This entry was posted in Torture. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to UPDATE: Today in Torture…

1. libhomo says:

It often is referred to as “simulated drowning.”

2. Bruce388 says:

Olbermann showed this tonight. I wonder when Hannity’s going to give it a try. Right-wingers aren’t cowards, are they?

3. Lsamsa says:

Besides being a Repub looking to ‘whitewash waterboarding’…I give the guy credit for at least stepping up to the plate & doing it & doing so ‘live’.
    I find it really interesting that a person, who had been through actual drowning in their life, finds that waterboarding is ‘really the same thing as drowning’, albeit controlled.
    So, DickHead Cheney…let’s start calling it what most of us reasonable folk understand it to be, seeing as it’s as close to death as one can get…torture.
    No snark here…I’m just not sure which is more appalling to me…the U.S. performing torture or the neverending discussion & rationalization of it.

4. Today In Torture teevee spots would be cool. We could get someone with a voice of authority like James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman to narrate.

5. Mauigirl says:

That’s very interesting – good for him doing this. It is particularly credible coming from someone who thought he would be disproving that it’s torture and instead confirmed it.

6. B8ovin says:

This is the most idiotic display of blubbering idiocy I’ve ever seen in my idiotic life. Guess what MANCOW, we don’t need you to tell us it’s torture. We (the U.S. through duly elected representatives) agreed in principle and by treaty during Saint Ronald’s presidency that it was torture. So you reduce illegal interrogation techniques to a radio stunt and find yourself admitting things you don’t want to admit. What now? While anti-torture activists praise your stunt, I ask you, how will you now answer those who say those filthy Muslims had it coming? Will you be true to your gut and say that no human being, no matter their crime, deserves this treatment, or will you argue that fantastical “ticking time bombs” and non-nonsensical references to 9-11 excuse this behavior? Torture isn’t the question nimrod, you were missed the point before this exercise in shock jock PR and if you don’t defend the principles of human rights and freedoms that this country is supposed to embody and say torture of any kind is wrong, you miss the point now.

7. JimmyDean'sFuckedUpCousinClyde says:

Everybody knows this is only torture when it’s done to rightwing Republican blowhards.. . .

8. Joe the Philosopher says:

Isn’t it nice to see an idiot admit he’s an idiot.

9. You are accused of heresy on three counts – heresy by thought, heresy by word, heresy by deed, and heresy by action – four counts. Do you confess?

10. it doesnt count unless Rush does it — 183 times – one time for each 5 lbs of weight