Tengrain Presents…

Hello Crooks, hi Liars. Welcom to Mock, Paper, Scissors.

(Thank you Dr. Zaius for finding the type-o; odd how you would know how to spell “ransom,” now isn’t it? I’m guessing Germain Gregarious helps you now and then.)

This entry was posted in Tengrain Presents. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Tengrain Presents…

1. ellroon says:

Maybe AIG is holding Geithner’s dog hostage or something?

2. Christopher says:

Senate Banking committee Chairman Sen. Chris Dodd told CNN he was responsible for adding the bonus loophole language into the stimulus package that permitted AIG and other companies that received bailout funds to pay million dollar bonuses.

The Connecticut senator initially denied he had anything to do with adding the bonus provision to the $700 billion dollar TARP but after public outrage over the obscene bonuses reached a fever pitch, Dodd finally admitted the onus was on him.

Dodd, a Democrat, is one of the senate’s largest recipients of campaign contributions from AIG.Senate Banking committee Chairman. Connecticut, has long been a favorite location for insurance companies to hang a shingle and conduct business thanks to rather lax oversight laws and rules in Connecticut.

There is no evidence (as far as we know) that either President Obama or Tim Geithner had anything to do with the loophole, as the language and provisions in the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) was drafted last September, five months before Mr. Obama was sworn into office.

3. raceynora says:

Brilliant – as always. You are sending the link to rachel@msnbc.com – right?

4. Ten, yer killin’ me – I’m not supposed to be laughing at this kind of obscenity…

am I???

5. Christopher says:

Tengrain,

No question about Geithner’s remarks. But Geithner wasn’t Treasury Secretary in September, 2008, when the TARP provisions were drafted and the bonus contracts were written. That’s all I’m saying.

Now, should we learn that Geithner’s Treasury Department in anyway pressured the Senate Banking Committee Chairman, then we have a much more serious problem and my guess is, Geithner will be the first casualty of the Obama administration.

He will step down before Memorial Day.

• Tengrain says:

Agreed, Christopher but… he was in fact involved in the negotiations in 2008 as a member of the Fed. From NY no less.

I’m hoping he is a casualty; he is either a liar or incompetent and at the moment, I don’t want either a liar or an incompetent trying to work on the bailout.

Regards,

Tengrain

6. moeman says:

OMTG!

7. Christopher says:

If this is true, then Obama needs to spare us all the Bush-style loyalty and fire Geithner faster than you can say “A.I.G,” and find a suitable replacement. We’re flirting with some extremely serious economic issues and there’s no time to play Beltway Buddies at the expense of the national economy. The quickest way for Obama to lose his huge political capital is to not act swiftly and replace Geithner.

• Tengrain says:

Christopher –

Again, I agree with you, wholeheartedly.

Losing control of the recovery — especially this early in his administration — has the potential for being as damning to Obama as the Iranian Hostage Crisis was to Carter. IF he continues to look like his is not in charge and/or helpless, he will be a one-term president, absolutely guaranteed. And let’s not forget who followed Carter…

8. Zaius Nation says:

Excellent! I could use a spa visit, now that you mention it…

9. Morse says:

You nailed it, Tengrain.

10. darkblack says:

Nicely done as always, 10G.
    IMO, Geithner is the Stealth Paulson, an errand boy sent by jerks to collect all the bills they feel are due them. Either Obama got conned, or he’s in on the con too. Wise up, marks.

;>)

11. FranIAm says:

Has anyone told you that you are brilliant? And with some serious Dr. Z on the side.

You all should be paid for this.

12. Freida Bee says:

This is my favorite one yet!

I’ll buy the comic book when it goes to print.

13. Jaliya says:

I think I’ve just found my favourite comic in the Universe, EVER. ;-D — “Prepare the taxpayers to get screwed!” is classic! I’m with Fran and Frieda Bee. Publish the strips as a scathing political soap-opera serial 😀

14. Joe the Philosopher says:

Shouldn’t we do away with the Homeland Security Department? Anything created by King George should be scrutinized for its legality and morality. Anything they created may threaten our government. I wouldn’t trust the dog catcher if he was appointed by George W. Braindead. I think the whole stinking Bush Barn needs to cleaned out. Go back to the way the country existed the day before he took office.

15. BettyJeanLee says:

ellroon: Their actual words were “Pay us the bonuses, or we’ll SHOOT THIS DOG!”

TG: Notice that, while Obama says many things in defense of Timmeh, he says nothing in defense of Larry Summers.

Larry Summers will go, possibly in the same “saving the face” way that he departed the presidency of Harvard, and Obama — and Geithner — will get a new “Top Economic Advisor.”

16. Batocchio says:

When’s the next thrilling episode?

17. got your e-mail. Just saw your work. Brilliant. Just brilliant.