Michael Steele – pool update

GQ

Steele just said in an interview with GQ that he believes that abortion is an individual choice and that he believes being gay is not a choice.

Are you saying you think women have the right to choose abortion?
Yeah. I mean, again, I think that’s an individual choice.
You do?
Yeah. Absolutely.

and here:

Do you think homosexuality is a choice?
Oh, no. I don’t think I’ve ever really subscribed to that view, that you can turn it on and off like a water tap. Um, you know, I think that there’s a whole lot that goes into the makeup of an individual that, uh, you just can’t simply say, oh, like, “Tomorrow morning I’m gonna stop being gay.” It’s like saying, “Tomorrow morning I’m gonna stop being black.”

I may want to rethink when the GOP is going to pull the plug on this man. One thing I do know: it will happen between news cycles. Oh, and Rush will be the one to insert the long knives.

UPDATE: Even the nominally squishy GOPer K-Lo is sharpening the knives. She thinks Steele may have (gasp!) voted for Jimmy Carter.

(Hat tip: Scott1960, in the comments)

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Michael Steele – pool update

1. willis says:

I really hope this guy sticks around. When teamed with Palin, Joe the Tool, Gingrich, and some others they become the Repub version of “Comedy Central” as they contribute to their party’s destruction without the vile poison used by others like Hannity, Coulter, and Limbaugh.

2. He voted for History’s Greatest Monster®? I’m not sure what’s worse to them, that or the fact that he’s black.

3. Mac from, oh who cares says:

I propose we nominate Rush for the upcoming vacancy at the Top of the RNC. How could he turn it down?

4. Mr DeBakey says:

The Time: 2030
    The Place: RNC HQ
    The Decision: Select a new man to head the RNC

RNC Flack #1: “How about Jamal Johnson? He’d really appeal to the kids..”
    RNC Flack #2: Isn’t he…you know…colored?”
    Committee Chair: “Johnson? Forget Johnson! We tried one of ’em once. It dinnit work out. How about Steve Austria Jr?”

5. Wee Mousie says:

I’m beginning to wonder whether Michael Steele signed a contract with some kind of golden parachute clause in the event he got fired.

That really sounds like a lease-breaking party to me.

6. Kelso's Nuts says:

When it’s down to who’s the least worst of Palin, Joe the Tool, Gingrich, Hannity, Coulter, Limbaugh or Steele, it’s just a question of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. The color of Steele’s skin is an irrelevancy, significant only in that along with Clarence Thomas, TD Jakes, Creflo Dollar, Donny McClurkin and Ward Connerly, BIG SAMMY is pretty color-blind in its assholishness.

HERRERA/NAVARRO ’09 PRD de corazon!

7. chrome agnomen says:

steele actually did stop being black several days ago.

8. He’s out the Friday before Memorial Day at the latest. Good Friday at the earliest.