Equal Time

A model dressed as the Virgin Mary poses during a performance in Santiago January 13, 2009. A prominent fashion designer has sparked outrage in Chile by dressing up models like the Virgin Mary — in some cases with ample, near-naked breasts. The Roman Catholic Church condemned Ricardo Oyarzun’s plans for a show featuring the models, and a conservative group tried unsuccessfully to block it in court. (Rodrigo Nunez/Handout/Reuters)

Some of you may remember that San Francisco has an annual “Hunky Jesus” contest that gets the Xristian Xraxies panties all bunched up. There are not many pictures from it that can be published in a family paper.

A contestant takes part in a San Francisco Easter tradition, the annual Hunky Jesus competition. The tradition is officiated by the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, a group of drag queen nuns.

This entry was posted in snark. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Equal Time

1. Sheesh. Everyone knows Mary had a big rack, it’s a widely-believed fact.

2. Capt. Bat Guano says:

Va va voom! Check out the Holy Sacred Boob Job. You know that Jesus didn’t throw the plastic surgeons outta the temple.

3. Mr DeBakey says:

They called her Virgin for short
    But not for long….

4. Dr. Monkey says:

She wouldn’t be “Virgin” Mary for long if I got ahold of her. (wink wink)

5. Wee Mousie says:

What would a Hunky Jesus or a Busty Mary do?

Oyarzun said he had received telephone threats and had excrement smeared on his doorstep.

Oh, those Xians and their weird religious ceremonies.

6. Damn, I do love ample, near naked breasts.

Welcome to MPS, Jesus (I always knew you were a Scissorhead) – it is good to have you with us. Rgds, T.G.

7. Ohhh!!! The Hunky Jesus contest! My first visit to SF included my friend taking me to the preliminary “Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence” lead in (I had to fly out later that day…sigh). I saw a few dudes in crowns of thorns & gauze wrapping their holy package practicing their crucifixion pose…one even getting pointers from a drag queen – it was great! And the Easter Bonnets on display on every variation of gender interpretation. I loved it! My fave pic (will send to you TG if I can find it on here) is of a ‘bear’-like dude in pink bunny ears, pink fuzzy vest & pink chaps (nothing beneath) – it was priceless!
    Elspeth

8. darkblack says:

By The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, thy bazoomas are bounteous, Mater Dei.

And of course, Hunky Jesus appears as a vision for those desiring the laying on of hands and comforting with rod (or staff).

;>)

9. Freida Bee says:

What color guyliner would Jesus wear?

10. Freida Bee says:

Oh, and that’s the Mary who reclaimed her virginity. She used the artificial hymen to fool God and The Lord said it was all good.

11. then it’s TRUE!! the virgin mary HAS been speaking to me in my sleep.
    PRAISE BE!! she’s really much naughtier than earlier believed.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s