I am not worthy!

Well, the unthinkable has happened: Thanks to BAC, I have now met, face to face:

…and so many others at the Americans United conference (I’m leaving out so many people… forgive me!) It was like getting a backstage pass to be with the Rolling Stones or something. I just kept staring at all these wonderful, funny, smart bloggers and wondering what in the world I was doing in their midst? I am not worthy!

And the surprise of the evening was that Mock, Paper, Scissors won the second ever Postie award. It was given to us (Scissorheads if you have not figured out by now whenever I think of MPS, I think of all of us not just me and TexBetsy) by the Reverend Barry Lynn for the work we have done on Separation of Church and State, and other First Amendment issues. Oh, and he said something about snark…

When I get home, I will try to scan it and post it so we can all enjoy our award.

And now, I gotta get my swollen head to bed. Tomorrow will be another travel day, back to California via Colorado. And this time, I promise not to slander the entire state.

This entry was posted in First Amendment. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to I am not worthy!

1. kellydog says:

Wow! Sounds very cool. Can you give more back ground on the meet.

Have a safe flight.

Kellydog – sure I can, but not just yet. I’ll give you one tidbit, just to keep you curious: Dr. Zaius is not just an ape from the future, but perhaps the funniest ape from the future in real life! Oh, and we did have a second slice of chocolate cake! Rgds, T.G.

2. Congratulations TenGrain!

If I had known you were getting an award I would have tried to stick around for the evening’s events! It was so wonderful to meet everyone! I think I heard you describe blogging as like being at a cocktail party. I’m with you — I also kept looking around at the crowd — including you! — and thinking “this IS a brilliant cocktail party!

Hope your flight home is “spill free”!! Safe travels!

Sue – if I had known I was getting an awared, I would have made you stay! Wait a minute, that doesn’t sound right… rgds, T.G.

3. Morse says:

Congratulations on the award!

4. cs says:

Haha!! Safe trip back!

I don’t know how long your layover is in Denver, but if you have time to make it out to the main terminal, you might go look for the “obvious” signs of the New World Order / Illuminati-Freemasons / alien influence / secret underground city: http://www.westword.com/2007-08-30/news/dia-conspiracies-take-off&page=1

(google “conspiracies denver international airport” – over 66,000 hits)

And although some have been replaced, a couple of the weirdest murals are still hanging between baggage claim and the main terminal (both east and west, I think): http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/denver/esp_denverairport_photogall.htm

5. Freida Bee says:

You, TexBetsy (and we 😉 deserve this!

(And, ooooh, am I jealous of your getting to meet such fine folks.)

I’m jealous, too, and I was there! I still cannot believe it! Rgds, T.G.

6. You ARE INDEED WORTHY, my good man! Congratulations!

7. Jess Wundrun says:

Congratulations! Did you make a big long speech and have to be hauled off stage by a big hook? I’ve always thought that big hook thing would be so cool!

8. HarpoSnarx says:

Congratulations TenGrain! You deserve it and more for giving us this snarkilious forum during a very dark time.

9. Bruce388 says:

Nice job, Chief.

10. liberaldemdave says:

what everyone else (that stays up later and gets up earlier than me) has already said. teh kewl.

11. moeman says:

What they said.

12. Wee Mousie says:

Congratulations.

Now you’re acknowledged for being a cut above.

13. BAC says:

Yes.You.Are! Congratulations and thank you, thank you, thank you for all you have done to help inform people about very important issues!

xoxo
    BAC

14. Congratulations. I saw the photos at Fran’s place. Nice to put a face to a name. And what a lovely face you have, my evil twin.

15. I’m very jealous. There. I’ve put a hex on you. Muahahahahaha!

I’m going to be in SF over Xmas…just saying…

HJ

16. DCup says:

Congratulations on your Postie! You are very deserving of this award.

17. Zaius Nation says:

I disagree! You are indeed worthy. It was very nice to meet you.

18. i knew slipping Barry that $20 would work……

congrats my new friend….. well worthy
    and so great to meet so many schmart people

19. JimmyDean'sFuckedUpCousinClyde says:

Congrats, and well-deserved, T!
    Obviously, America has chosen wisely this month!

Now that you’re officially a celebrity, will we have to bow every time your name is mentioned…? I am concerned about this New World Order shit……….

20. Kelso's Nuts says: