5 More Friends

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Elsa Prince, mother of Erik Prince — Blackwater’s founder and early funder — has contributed $450,000 to support Proposition 8. Elsa and Erik Prince also sit on the board of a family foundation that has donated $8 million to Christian groups involved in the “Yes on 8” campaign.

The New York Times reports that:

“Preachers from other parts of the country have dropped everything and moved to California in recent months. Lou Engle, who leads The Call, a charismatic prayer ministry in Washington and Kansas City, Mo., with a large following among youth, moved with his seven children to California in September. He is holding large prayer rallies up and down the state, urging people to pray and fast for the 40 days leading up to the election. Some people are giving up solid foods; others are giving up clothes shopping or their favorite television shows.”

This is the scary YouTube from The Call:

Folks, this is what we are up against. Please find it in your heart to vote. And if you have any time and/or money, this is the time to give.

This entry was posted in civil rights, Outrage. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Vote!

1. Suzi Riot says:

Wow. That is INFURIATING. 40 days of prayer and fasting to save marriage from Teh Gay? ARE YOU F@*king KIDDING ME??? How about 40 days of prayer and fasting to save Darfur from genocide? Or any other sin that causes human suffering on an enormous scale? Poverty? War? Human trafficking?

It’s a good thing that there are Christians like Fran. She reminds me that they’re not all just a pack of disgusting self-righteous hypocrites.

Suzi Riot – you hit the nail on the head (as always). Thanks for reminding us about what is really important. Rgds, Tengrain

2. Pingback: Mombian » Blog Archive » Write to Marry Day: Contributed Posts

3. FranIAm says:

That is so fucking wrong!!! Oh Suzi- you are too kind to mention me. Forget me, I have about 65 blogs on my blogroll that are folks who are either gay themselves or gay friendly – and are all Christian. Many of my gay blog friends are gay clergy.

The reality is that like the ugly mobs we see at McCain rallies, the majority of Christians are not fucking whack jobs. The whack jobs are just noisy and create a lot of stir.

And those fuckers have money.

I have done a ton of posting on No on 8 and have given what I can. This is very scary crap – for Californian and for our country.

FanIAm – everytime I start to generalize about Xristian Xrazies, I think about how you are the exact opposite, and it helps to keep me grounded. Thank you for being you, and thank you for reminding us that the vast majority of Xristians are not these freaks. Good on you! Rgds, Tengrain

4. I gave some green love last week. I want to believe that there is no way that Prop 8 can pass in California. Now I must rely on hope.

5. fairlane says:

These fucking loons belong in a psych ward.

I really try not to Hate Them, but Goddamn, they make it hard.

6. I am so outraged about the outreach on the zealy front regarding Prop 8, I can’t even tell you. It just sickens me. These people want to exercise their right to religious freedom and yet, they are fighting like dawgs to change the constitution so it excludes other Americans. In what twisted parallel universe does this even make sense?!?!?!??!!

7. Christopher says:

Christianity’s obsession with gay people is amazing. I am so weary of these asswipe Bible thumpers. Leave my tribe the fuck alone.

8. liberaldemdave says:

my mother’s daughter (i don’t claim her any longer), who i have affectionately given the nickname “jesus in a skirt” is participating in a 40 HOUR vigil at her church in hopes that the “holy spirit” will deliver the election for “them”. 40 HOURS? sheesh, they’re fast tracking here in texas compared to the xristian crazies in cali!

i asked my 72-YO phone banking for obama momma how HER daughter was going to ‘splain an obama presidency…yup, you got it…it will be the “devil’s influence” according to jesus in a skirt.

but i digress.

9. raceynora says:

Libdemdave – I’m with you on my mother’s other daughter. A black hole of dispair and anger. But, as they say “you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can’t pick your family.” I just cut the cord over 20 years ago and haven’t been sorry once!

10. HarpoSnarx says:

These Christianist Zillionaires can go FUCK themselves.

I predict that this Kracker Prince is just warming up – someday the little fuhrer’s private army will someday have the run of OUR country’s streets. IF we let them.