All snark aside, does this qualify as presidential material?

Watch CBS Videos Online

This entry was posted in 2008 Goat Rodeo, Mooselini, snark. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to All snark aside, does this qualify as presidential material?

1. Mountjoy says:

Oh, come on! She looked great! What more do you need from a Veep? There’s probably guys out there turning Japanese to this clip as we speak.

(and as an aside, methinks Katie might just have taken over the pitbull with lipstick baton somewhere in the first, oh, 15 seconds of that exchange…)

2. Wee Mousie says:

Granted the time for sufficient practice, Palin could become as articulate as George Bush, although her world view does appear far narrower.

3. FranIAm says:

Matthew Yglesias (oh god help me I am quoting yglesias…) noted that he flew to Moscow and his plane never went anywhere near Alaska. And that mileage wise, New York is closer to Moscow than Alaska and he hasn’t noticed NY Gov David Paterson mentioning that this proximity makes him a foreign policy expert.

She just won’t drop that shit though- I mean I have a neighbor that was born in Italy. Does this mean I get to call up Silvio Fucking Berlusconi and tell him to bail out Alitalia’s airline ass?

All snark aside, it is idiocy beyond to let this woman anywhere near the president’s position. I wouldn’t care if McCain were a healthy 45 year old, she still should not even be on the ticket.

Fascinating to me that Katie Couric finally gets her gravitas on when interviewing this sad excuse for a VP candidate.

4. Andy says:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That was great. I’m really looking forward to seeing Biden shred her to pieces in the debate, assuming the McShame’s ploy to cancel it doesn’t work.

“I’ll get back to you.” That’s classic.

Andy – so you made it through the typhoon OK, I see? Bravo! Rgds, Tengrain

5. Fran: When Couric leaves an interview with a VP candidate and she looks like the one with gravitas, you know something is very very fucked up (and I agree with your distaste for Yglesias).

6. willis says:

No clue, none, nada. If she isn’t stupid, why did she let herself be put through this. She should have said thanks but no thanks the McCain. Feeble, damn feeble.

7. Sure it does haven’t you ever heard of Herbert Hoover?

8. Andy says:

@Tengrain
    Yeah, to be honest typhoons aren’t really a big deal. Taiwan seems much more geared up for them, since they are so common here. There’s another big one coming in this weekend, but as long as you stay home with the doors and windows closed you’re fine. The US, on the other hand, seems completely unprepared to deal with hurricanes when they inevitably come.

9. zoe says:

Andy:

Actually, it was “I’ll get back to YA”” All the media have been cleaning up her speakies.

10. liberaldemdave says:

1. you know you’re really bad when you make katie couric look like a real journalist
    and
    2. i’m so enjoying that “moose in the headlights” look throughout the “interview”

11. Kenny Bunkport says:

“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don’t have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children”. She was a beauty queen for a reason folks!!

12. republicanSScareme says:

Before we ask if she’s presidential material, we should ask if she’s cheerleader material.

13. libhomo says:

That was a hoot. I had to put it on my fun blog, GLH Playground.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s