Opening Schrödinger’s Box
Anyway, yesterday our shag carpet toffed hero thrilled the Libertarian Rubes and weak-minded Dims and did another of his fauxlibuster (fake filibuster) stunts on reforming the NSA. Fake filibuster you say? Well, yes: the Senate was not yet seeking cloture on that debate, so this was just grandstanding.
“But he was sincere,” you say.
Well, just remember the last time when he had a chance to reform the NSA, he voted against it, with the very water-tight rational of it didn’t go far enough.
So let’s recap where Rand Stands on libertarian issues:
- Privacy – He says that he wants to dismantle the entire NSA, but then he had to go on record and vote to reform it and instead, he punted.
- Legalizing Dope – Aqua Buddha is opposed, which is pretty much anti-libertarian.
- Defense Spending – he was against it before he was for increasing it.
- Drones – Gee, that 13-hour filibuster he references was back when he was principally against the use of drones, domestically and abroad. He is now in favor of drones domestically and abroad. Besides border security, he has also suggested that Police use drones to hunt down and kill bank robbers.
- Marriage Equality – He finds it personally offensive, and has suggested beastiality is next.
- Personhood – he is the sponsor of a federal personhood bill that would effectively ban all abortion, no exceptions.
Sounds pretty much like every other Republican, no? Let’s give Schroëdinger’s Candidate the last word:
“I’m not a libertarian. I’m a libertarian Republican. I’m a constitutional conservative.”