…give us a listicle of the 40 instances of plagiarism you must read now? or maybe a quiz to find out which plagiarist you are?
First let’s begin with Aaron McGruder’s (The Boondocks) trailer for his new Cartoon Network show, Black Jesus:
And then we look to our old pal Rev. Fishsticks, whom some say is kinda-sorta a bigot, for spiritual guidance:
So… before even a single episode of Black Jesus is aired, the Xristian Xrazies are frothing and calling for the show to be cancelled and are demanding a public apology:
We, the Christian community are vehemently opposed and violently offended at this upcoming program soon to air on your channel called BLACK JESUS. The level of disrespect aimed at the depiction of our Lord and Savior is inexcusable. We are hard pressed to find any value in this program, its message or its purpose. As a group of believers, we are prepared to launch a mass campaign and boycott of your channel and any advertisers that are financially profiting from this program. These continued attacks against our Christian values and the degrading imagery of the Lord Jesus Christ, will be met with social media awareness to the entire Christian Community and a targeted boycott of your advertisers.
Meanwhile One Million Moms (minus about 990,900 moms) is burning up the electric inner webs telling everyone that Black Jesus is making a mockery of the Lord and whatnot, and claim to be upset over the foul language (and they are very careful not to touch upon, you know, the black part, because it is never about race):
The late night programming on the Cartoon Network, known as Adult Swim, plans to air the non-animated show “Black Jesus” portraying Jesus as a “black guy living in the hood.” The show depicts him living in Compton Gardens and makes a mockery of our Lord. The foul language used in the trailer, including using the Lord’s name in vain, is disgusting. In addition, there is violence, gunfire and other inappropriate gestures which completely misrepresent Jesus. This is blasphemy!
…If we speak with one voice now, we can keep this program from ever seeing the light of day. Christians must take a stand and not be silent. Networks like Adult Swim continue to mock Christianity, and we will not stand for it. Christians should no longer sit idly by and allow this blasphemy to continue without speaking up in protest. “Black Jesus” is anoher attempt to distort the truth about Christianity. There is power in numbers! Forward this to everyone you know in a fight to keep this show off the air.
1MM is still running their various other boycotts against Ellen/JCPenney, Betty Crocker, Starbucks, and assorted other retailers. Their tens of followers are slowly being starved and disheveled because there is nothing left for them to eat or wear. But whatevs! They are outraged.
For those of you who are not familiar with McGruder’s work, Black Jesus is a recurring theme in The Bookdocks, a theme he is willing to explore more. It got the Xrazies riled up when he first started running with it in the daily comic strip, and more riled up when The Boondocks became an animated series.
News that will drive you to drink
D’vorce D’Spousa projects his envy on free-range grifter Glenn Beck’s show.
- No More Teachers, No More Books - Florida Republican Alan Hays wants convicted felon, and would-be bigamist D’VORCE D’SPOUSA’s documentary America (fable? Yes.) to be legally required viewing at all public high schools in Florida, which might be one of the ways for D’Vorce D’Spousa to make a buck while in the pokey.
- Matt Staver, the man who thinks about hot, sweaty man-on-man sex with thighs like pistons that can pump all night, says that refusing to allow ex-gay therapies on public college campuses is pure evil.
- Noted boy exorcist and world-famous volcano scholar Bobby Jindal has found a new and novel way to keep from being sued for his attempts to squash his former love Common Cause: he has refused to fund approval for the state school board’s contract for retaining counsel.
As Opus once said, you can lead a yak to water, but you cannot make a silk purse out of a pig-in-a-poke.
Today’s silk purse is brought to us by God’s Own Party’s favorite marketing whiz kid Kellyann Conway. Kellyann Conway also counts as one of her clients Todd Akin, so you know that she is really good at marketing. Kellyann Conway is working on helping to rebrand Wingnuttia away from their War on Women image that they have worked so hard to cultivate that even über genius Fire’em All Fiorina couldn’t shake on Fox News. Way to go towards the light, Kellyann!
Anyway, Kellyann Conway wants Republicans to talk a little less about legitimate rape and abortion and a little more about Women’s Health, which Kellyann Conway tells us means osteoporosis or breast cancer. So when the Dims start in on Women’s Health, Wingnuts should pivot to bones and boobs, and away from slut pills and baby-killing.
Kellyann Conway also wants Republicans to never mention the word rape again. So I guess you can lead a yak to water?
“The city has certain values that I don’t believe are in general agreement with having an atheist [radio] station, nor in general agreement with having a Nazi station or Ku Klux Klan station. I cannot accept or will not allow a group that is disparaging of another group to have a station here.”
–City of Warren Mayor MI Jim Fouts, breaking the First Amendment. Also/Too comparing atheists to KKK and Nazis.
Mooselini on True Blood? Oh, that would have been goooooooood!
News that will drive you to drink
Demon Hunters! Canadian-born latino and immigrant-hating southern white supremacist Senator Ted Cruz cuddles up to Dr. “Chaps” Gordon Klingenschmitt (his nickname, not mine! I swear!), the Republican candidate for the Colorado General Assembly, for State Representative for House District 15
- Claim Chowder - Hey guys, remember last week when Stephen Steinlight at conservative think tank The Center for Immigration Studies suggested, oh, you know, hanging, drawing, and quartering The Kenyan Usurper? Just kidding!
- Grifters Gotta Grift - Ralph Reed, Jack Abramoff’s glabrous grifting pool boy invites you to listen to Ted Cruz spout off about something or other, you know, professional courtesy. Gullible marks should please RSVP with your financial data, OK?
- Now playing at an empty theater near you - This is rich: famous pot-smoking Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher wants to hold hearings about how The Google discriminated against convicted felon, and would-be bigamist D’VORCE D’SPOUSA’s latest failed documentary fable America which somehow or other was not the first hit when you, ahem, googled America. Eiron, the Goddess of Irony, reached for the gin, screw the ice.