The Spitballing flag at MPS World HQ is at half-mast as Nelson Mandela, one of the great good men of this world, has died.
I’m sure that everywhere there will be worthy tributes to Mandela, but I found that Right Wing Watch has a unique perspective: they’ve documented many of the indignities that Mandela suffered at the hands of the Xristian Xrazies and Republicans. It’s a great read, and reminds us that the Xrazies have been crazy for a long while and any hope that they might be redeemed are just that: hopes.
Mr. Mandela changed the world for the better, and he will be greatly missed.
Meet Senatorette Huckleberry Closetcase’s teabagger challenger Lee Bright:
Let’s go down the Saint Ronnie checklist, shall we? Ungrateful takers, Nicest cars=Cadillac-driving welfare cheats, nicest food=young bucks eating T-bone steaks, let the church take care of the aged and infirmed but able-bodied and not working people should not eat. Yup, he hit all the Southern Strategy Talking Points.
St. Ronnie and Lee Atwater: together again
Somewhere, Lee Atwater is smiling.
…The 18th Amendment was repealed.
We here at MPS salute the return to sanity and advise everyone to learn from history rather than repeat it.
Is it really a surprise that the RNC is “researching” Hillary Clinton? My guess is that there is not a moment of her life that they do not already have on file.
Anyway, obvious anagram Reince Priebus has announced that the RNC is firing up research operations on Hillary:
“I think that we have to be very aggressive on what she’s done or hasn’t done,” the chairman said, according to a transcript of Hewitt’s radio show. “And the things that she is famous for, like a botched health care rollout in the 90s, and Benghazi, and the things that she is involved with that are or went obviously pretty badly, we need to focus in on.”
“But I think that there’s a lot of rough stuff coming out on Hillary that you know, it doesn’t just come out of thin air,” he told Hewitt, according to the transcript. “It comes from somewhere. And sometimes, it comes from us, and sometimes, it comes from other groups.”
It doesn’t just come out of thin air. That ought to be the motto of the RNC.
This is like the non-apology apology, methinks: GOP men tutored in running against women. It’s from Tiger Beat on the Potomac (thanks Charlie), so be forewarned!
Anyway, the gist of it is that like Mars, the GOP needs women. And though their policies might be anti-woman (well, anti- everyone except old white guys), they want to make sure that there are no more Akins and Mourdocks, who say out loud what Wingnuttia’s policies and beliefs really are (if you got pregnant from a rape, it means it was consensual not a legitimate rape [Akin], and rape babies are a gift from God [Mourdock] ).
The problem isn’t the wording, boys. The problem is Republicanism itself as it is composed by today’s misogynists and theocrats who still are blaming women for Original Sin.
The Death of the Media
From Faux News:
Pope Francis is the Catholic Church’s Obama – God help us
Jeebus, people. *Pounds head on desk*
News you can use all day
Falafel enthusiast Bill O’Reilly says Jeebus wouldn’t be down with helping the poor because “some of the people who don’t have enough to eat, it’s their fault” because, you know, they are drug addicts.
- The cheese fell off that Cracker - In sync with Bill-O, above, Georgia Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens compares people with pre-existing conditions to bad drivers asking for auto collision coverage: they’re both at fault:
“But say you’re going along and you have a wreck. And it’s your fault,” he continued. “Well, a pre-existing condition would be you then calling up your insurance agent and saying, ‘I would like to get collision insurance coverage on my car.’ And your insurance agent says, ‘Well, you never had that before. Why would you want it now?’ And you say, ‘Well, I just had a wreck, it was my fault and I want the insurance company to pay to repair my car.’ And that’s the exact same thing on pre-existing insurance.”
- Regrets? He’s had a few - VA Governor Bob McDonnell regrets… well, maybe that he got caught? Anyway, he says that this has been “both a heartbreaking and humbling period of time for me and for my family.” Maybe you should have thought of that before setting out a price list of bribes, Bob? (Livewire)
- Qualifications for office - Virginia Republican Randy Forbes is urging the National Republican Congressional Committee to not support any gay candidates — specifically because they’re gay. It should be noted that Forbes has gotten a 0 from the Human Rights Campaign, and that takes some doing. (Think Progress)
Time makes for an interesting juxtaposition.
Business Insider has a full run-down on the fail that is Urban Outfitters, not the least of which is this $200 coat.
(Hat tip: Scissorhead Deborah)
Misogynist harpy Phyllis Schlafly agrees with homophobic hate peddler Stan Solomon that there is a media cover-up of a plan to snatch kids from conservatives and give them to gay males to sexually abuse.
- Pack Your Bags! - What could be better than the Ship of Fools NRO cruise, you ask? How about visiting the Holy Land with the Liberty Council and Matt Staver, the man who thinks about hot, sweaty man-on-man sex with thighs like pistons that can pump all night, more than Lucky Pierre (the towel boy at the L.A. Mineshaft)? (Liberty Council)
- You Tease, You! - World Nut Daily runs an article on HIV and guess how they present it:
- Intolerance is a beautiful thing -