Zombie-Eyed Granny-Starver Paul Ryan’s rehabilitation from the disastrous and near-career ending 2012 Goat Rodeo ride as The Stench’s running mate is running along on schedule. Today’s lavish testicle licking comes from The Week: “Paul Ryan’s 6 favorite books about economics and democracy .”
- “Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman (Univ. of Chicago, $17.50)
- The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich von Hayek (Univ. of Chicago, $17)
- Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville (Penguin, $14)
- The Last Lion: Defender of the Realm by William Manchester and Paul Reid (Bantam, $20)
- Wealth and Poverty by George Gilder (Regnery, $30)
- The Way the World Works by Jude Wanniski (Gateway, $17)
…and I bet 6 quatloos that he’s not cracked the spine on all of them, let alone finished any of them. It’s always good to aspire to have a summer reading list, but methinks this is just pure GOP trolling, so the Confederacy Party continues to accept on face value that he is a wonk, instead of a fraud.
UPDATE: I don’t know how I missed the obvious question, especially that we’re talking about Paul Ryan, but WTF is Atlas Shrugged on his list? He used to make his staffers read that thing (Cruel and Unusual Punishment), is a member of the Atlas Society (where he speaks and has said that Atlas Shrugged is the reason he ran for office). Methinks that its absence from his list is more telling that the nutty, nutty last two entries that are Reagan era whack-a-doodle, trickle-down VooDoo economics books.