News that will drive you to drink
Graham Ledger of One America News reaches out to minorities… and slaps ‘em. So once again I must ask Reince Priebus, how is that rebranding workin’ out for ya?
“Mom, is that you,” asked Bambi.
Blog favorite nutter Rep. Paul ‘Pits of Hell’ Broun (R-GA) has a double digit lead over his mouth-breathing paste-eating competitors in the Republican Senate primary:
The Public Policy Polling survey released Monday found Broun with 27 percent support among Republican primary voters. Rep. Phil Gingrey comes in next with 14 percent support and then Rep. Jack Kingston with 13 percent, businessman David Perdue with 12 percent and former Secretary of State Karen Handel with 9 percent.
It’s a rogue’s gallery of course, but still! There’s not one of them that wouldn’t in a heartbeat throw out the Constitution and replace it with the Old Testament. Georgia’s cheese has slipped off the cracker, so to speak.
It involves being condescending?
You may remember Mr. Hickey, he’s the guy who said that it should be a great election year for Nevada’s Wingnuts because minorities and young people don’t vote in off-preznintial years.
[Lois Lerner] knows what her IRS unit did and how it intersects with the law, and for a second time she has exercised her constitutional right to remain silent rather than risk self-incrimination. The public has a right to make reasonable inferences from her behavior.
–George Will, human vinegar, proving yet again that he is a Constitutional Scholar.
News you can use all day
And now we know why alleged car thief (never convicted) Darrell Issa never considered becoming a cat burglar.
- Known war criminal and torture enthusiast Dick Cheney cited treaty violations by Russian President Vladimir Putin as a reason that the U.S. should consider “military options” in response to the invasion of Ukraine. Eiron, the Goddess of Irony, laughed so hard she farted. (Raw Story)
- We got numbers! - 2014 is supposed to be the Wingnuts big year and there’s no place like the Crazy State of Florida (Motte: It’s always Open Season) to take the pulse of the people:
The new polls show former Gov. Charlie Crist, Scott’s very likely Democratic challenger int he general election, with strong support across the state. One poll reported by the Miami Herald, for instance, has Crist beating Scott by 34 percentage points in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
According to the Miami Herald, which rounded up the range of statewide polls from business interests:
• 10 percentage points — the margin Crist beats Scott by in another business interest’s statewide poll.
• 8 percentage points — the margin Crist beats Scott by in two other business interests’ statewide polls.
• 7 percentage points — the margin Crist beats Scott by in a fourth business interest’s statewide poll.
• 6 percentage points — the margin Crist beats Scott by in a poll of Republican-controlled state House districts across Florida.
• 4 percentage points — the margin Crist beats Scott by in North Florida, a Republican stronghold. The number is well within the poll’s error margin. But it’s a cumulative 17-point shift in favor of Democrats compared to 2010, and Sink would have won the governor’s race with this North Florida margin.
- Lawsuits - Hey guys, remember the Catholic School vice principal in Seattle, Mark Zmuda, who was ousted after the school learned he had married his male partner, and then told him he could keep his job if he divorced his husband (ostensibly another non-doctrinaire move, when you think about it)? Anyway, he is suing the school and the Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle for wrongful termination and seeking damages. (Seattle PI)
Daylight Savings Time starts at midnight!
Black Little Orphan Annie
UPDATE: Crooks and Liars has the reactions, and frankly, I don’t want that kinda language here.
Failed movie critic and right-wing talk show host Michael Medved told a CPAC panel sponsored by Southern Poverty Law Center designated Hate Group Focus on the Family “There’s never been a state in this country that has ever banned gay marriage, that’s a liberal lie.” You can even hear the wingnuts gasp in wonder at such a bold-faced lie.
- Come-out, come-out whoever you are - If we go into the way-back machine to oh, 2011, you might recall Puerto Rico Senator and Cuban-born Roberto Arango who got caught on Grindr with nude selfies who without guile claimed that he was documenting his weight loss regime? Guess who came out today? (Blabbeanado)
- Live Mic - The Southern Poverty Law Center hate-group designate Family Research Council’s executive vice president, Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin (retired), was caught on a “hot mic” following a panel yesterday at the National Security Action Summit. Boykin told an Israeli reporter that “Jews are the problem” and the “cause of all the problems in the world.” Boykin told another reporter that President Obama identifies with and supports Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood and uses subliminal messages to express this support. (Hatewatch)
- So what is our old friend Xristian Xrazy D’vorce D’Spouse (who didn’t know that he needed to divorce his wife before becoming engaged to his also-married mistress) saying at CPAC? You know, now that he has been indicted for making illegal campaign contributions?
“I do believe that this IRS scandal is bigger than Watergate. …It’s becoming more and more apparent that there were serious crimes committed. The only question is how far up the ladder does this one reach?”
“I thought back in 1988, 1987 and 88, with Iran-Contra – if you recall, that – which is, which is piddly stuff compared to this, day in and day out, live coverage… all day coverage to find out what Iran-Contra was all about, what Ollie North had done. So now you have this story, this woman comes to testify, she doesn’t even make the news.”
–Brent Bozell to Megan Kelly on Faux News
News you can use all day
Day 2 of the Wingnuttian Hootenanny. Today’s line-up of paste-eating mouth-breathers includes: Theocrat secessionist nitwit Texas Gov. Rick Perry, notorious squirrel-frying theocrat former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick ‘Google Me’ Santorum, and current Kentucky Sen. Aqua Buddha. Sounds like the gathering of the opposite-world Mensa.
You can watch it live at Raw Story.
- Stand-up for Charter Schools - Boy exorcist and noted volcano scholar Bobby Jindal has compared the Obama Administration as segregationists, standing in the schoolhouse doors, to keep minority students from attending charter schools. Jindal, as you know, has made giving public money to private schools his life work, and the pesky courts keep finding his actions illegal. (Livewire)
- Expert Witness - In the ongoing trial to over-turn the ban on same-sex marriage in Michigan, the state’s expert witness for economics testified that he believes gay people will go to Hell. Oopsie!(Detroit Free Press)
- Alaskastan! - Alaska State Sen. Fred Dyson says that birth control is so accessible that family planning services shouldn’t be expanded, because it would amount to taxpayer-funded sexual recreation. Meet exhibit A, Brisket Palin®, Sen. Dyson. Makin’ Whoopee seems to already be recreation in the great white north. (Livewire)