Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) reportedly plans to dispatch the Texas National Guard to the U.S. border with Mexico, according to news reports.
Perry will announce his plans Monday to mobilize some 1,000 guardsmen to the Rio Grande Valley to increase security at the border, according to the Monitor, a south Texas newspaper. The newspaper quoted a state senator and an internal memo it obtained from a state official’s office.
…or maybe he’s just announcing his run for preznint?
Honestly, Steve Stockman thinks that more (children? refugees?) are crossing the border than the Allied Forces sent into France in WW2? What does it matter, when he calls the refugee children fleeing their dangerous and lawless lands an invasion.
Another win for another patriot.
Pastor Jeffries says that sweet baby Jeebus would want us to keep the children out of the United States, you know, It’s the compassionate thing to do.
And not to mince words about it, the compassionate thing to do would be to fix the root cause that is driving so many people to flee.
WASHINGTON — Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) is asking colleagues to sign on to a letter to the president demanding he end a program that keeps young people with longstanding ties to the U.S. from being deported.
Issa wants to deport the DREAMers?
“As soon as they raise their hand and say ‘I’m unlawfully present in the United States,’ we’re not going take your oath into the military, but we’re going to take your deposition and we have a bus for you to Tijuana.”
– Rep. Steve King (R-IA). So once again, Reince, how’s that rebranding thingie working for ya?
Talking Points has the much-awaited principles posted, and they are really a nice fig leaf for doing nothing.
- There’s a certain amount of posturing against amnesty, which when translated from the Weasel to human english, means “don’t primary the incumbent.”
- There’s the usual border security statement, oddly lacking a wall or fence this time. I guess someone actually looked at St. Ronnie’s speech about tearing down a wall? Hard to say.
- There’s something that sounds vaguely like they want to put the mark of the beast (or at least microchip) on workers coming into the country.
- There’s some stuff about how they want to keep the best and brightest here, you know, after they’ve earned a degree or fought in our military. Everyone else can pound dirt.
As predictable as it is, the largest paragraph is about how to punish people.
What is really interesting in all of their rhetoric, both in the document and in their soundbites is that this effort is born of expediency. They know that they are up against a demographic shift that will leave them unelectable if they do not give up their seemingly xenophobic (and dare we say racist) ways. But they never say the obvious thing: they want to do it because it is the right thing to do.
I question their sincerity.
Patient-banging serial adulterer Congressman Scott Desjarlais tells 11-year-old Josie Molina that her father must be deported. Continue reading
Honest to Dawg, Ted Cruz is a cork in the rectum of progress.
Frozen teevee dinner heir and vanity publishing impresario Tucker Carlson says that immigrants are welfare-addicted gang-bangers who harm american workers.