CIA Director David Petraeus Resigns…

due to marital infidelity:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

…to which I can only say, if the head spy couldn’t keep it a secret, he couldn’t have been that good at his job.

Another Bush retread out because he couldn’t keep it zippered.

(Crooks and Liars)

This entry was posted in Adulterer. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to CIA Director David Petraeus Resigns…

1. Capt. Bat Guano says:

So I guess us DFHers were correct in calling him Betraeus, or Betraeuwife.

2. Silent Bob says:

There must be more to the story than this. Most of us couldn’t care less if the guy had a mistress. Was it with a foreign national? With a subordinate? With a dude? C’mon, inquiring minds need to KNOW!

• Tengrain says:

Silent Bob –

Welcome to MPS, it is good to have you with us.

Well, clearly someone found out whoever of whatever gender (or species) it is that he’s schtupping, so much for being the top spy. But you are right: there’s something else there.

Regards,

Tengrain

3. Skinny Dennis says:

Probably fooling around with some SS dude.

4. moeman says:

Welcome to fox news Petraeus.

5. lambchop says:

This doesn’t seem believable. He just doesn’t want to be part of Obama’s circle.

6. another kiwi says:

Xe called, there’s a job going soon in Afghanistan where you can do whatcha like. 500k a year and free Raybans.

7. While I agree there’s likely more to this than meets the eye, I’d like to note that Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely, and Powerful Men of BOTH PARTIES have trouble keeping their Powerful Dicks in their Powerful Pants. I’m sure the same holds true in the corporate world, though that’s less of an issue to us common tax-payers.

My heart goes out to his wife.

8. lambchop: Or someone in Obama’s camp wanted him to go? Thing is, having an affair while being head of the CIA sets you up for blackmail, so yeah, stupid. I wonder if the paramour is a foreign national–maybe that’s the problem? I’m hoping, of course, that it’s a young, hunky, Arabic guy. And then all the neocons heads go pop, pop, pop.

9. Cthulhu says:

He was cheating with his biographer. He shitcanned 37 years with his wife. He couldn’t keep it secret. On those 3 alone he deserves to be thrown out.

As a soldier, I never liked Petreus. Too much a glory seeker, too full of hisself. The Rolling Stone article bears that out. I thought appointing him to head of the CIA a mistake.

10. Cthulhu says:

Addendum: I’ve had many a chance to cheat on my wife, and when the chance comes around, I always ask myself one question: “Is the piece of booty I’m about to get worth LOSING everything I value and have worked for?”

The answer has always been a resounding NO.

‘Course it turns out that my ex wives never thought of the question, as they all cheated, but I digress.

11. I have always found the hero worship of Petraeus to be too much. And now I find it amusing that a man whose primary job was to kill other human beings shock his admirers by sleeping with a younger woman. It was particularly funny to watch Andrea Mitchell get so breathless over the man on last night’s Rachel Maddow Show:

American Hero Gives Andrea Mitchell the Vapors

• Tengrain says:

Frankly Curious –

Andrea Mitchell is the younger woman in her marriage with Allan Greenspan. I think she knows exactly what is going on here. I found that breathlessness upsetting in a very icky freudian way.

Regards,

12. knowdoubt says:

I’ll confess, I don’t know much, but I do know the FBI couldn’t give a toot about “harassing emails” or affairs whether they be man on man or man on dog or whatever.

Speak!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s